Media Center


ADOT News Release

For additional information:

ADOT Media Relations



SR 67 to Grand Canyon North Rim set to reopen Monday, May 15

40-plus-mile route closes during winter along with park facilities
May 08, 2017

PHOENIX – After being buried in snow all winter, State Route 67 running from Jacob Lake to the North Rim of Grand Canyon National Park is scheduled to reopen Monday, May 15.

The Arizona Department of Transportation closes SR 67 when park facilities shut down for the winter – usually on Dec. 1 – and reopens it when the North Rim is ready to welcome travelers once again. The 40-plus-mile-long route runs through an area that, at 8,500 feet in elevation, sees an average of nine feet of snow each year.

During the winter months, a gate blocks access to SR 67 just south of US 89A in Jacob Lake.

The Grand Canyon National Park website at has information on lodging, camping and other visitor services available at the North Rim.

For the latest information about highway conditions across Arizona, please visit ADOT’s Traveler Information site at, call 511 or connect via Twitter (@ArizonaDOT ) or Facebook (

Civil RightsTitle VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964 y la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés), el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT por sus siglas en inglés) no discrimina por raza, color, nacionalidad, edad, género o discapacidad.  Personas que requieren asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o por discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más pronto posible para asegurar que el equipo encargado del proyecto tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.