Wickenburg Trails Connectivity and Transportation Study
Thank you to all who participated in the Wickenburg Trails Connectivity and Transportation Study. The input from the public and representative agencies made this a great project. It was accepted by the Town of Wickenburg May 21. We especially appreciate the Town and the opportunity to study the community and the community's participation in the study.
The purpose of the Wickenburg Trails Connectivity and Transportation Study is to improve multimodal connectivitythroughout the Town of Wickenburg and the surrounding area, which includes many trails and trailheads. This study presents an opportunity to integrate those trails and a variety of other transportation modes into an overall circulation concept plan to provide multimodal connectivity and safe access throughout the study area. This study will result in an updates to the transportation and open space elements of the Wickenburg General Plan, as well as a plan for improvements that prioritizes projects to implement future plans.
This project began in April of 2011 with the following goals and objectives:
- Improve connectivity to provide for safe circulation and access throughout the Town of Wickenburg
- Promote interconnections among trail access points, downtown Wickenburg, and key activity centers
- Build upon prior trails planning efforts to develop a comprehensive trails component for the Town’s General Plan
- Update Wickenburg’s Transportation and Open Space General Plan Elements
- Establish an Improvement Plan that identifies and prioritizes projects
A public meeting occurred on October 4, 2011 for members of the public to review project data and provide input to the process. A second public meeting was held February 22, 2012. Thank you to all who participated and provided input through survey or at the meetings.
- See us at Goldrush Days February 18th in the morning.
We'll be close to the Chamber of Commerce.
- Meeting Summary 02/22/2012
- Meeting Summary 10/04/2011
Technical Advisory Committee:
Any questions or comments related to the Wickenburg Trails Connectivity and Transportation Study can be directed to the Project Manager:
Arizona Department of Transportation
206 S. 17th Avenue, MD 310B
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Documents are provided in PDF format which requires Adobe Reader